74HC595 8-Bit Shift Registers With 3-State Output Registers
The 74HC595 devices contain an 8-bit serial-in, parallel-out shift register that feeds an 8-bit D-type storage register. The storage register has parallel 3-state outputs. Separate clocks are provided for both the shift and storage register. The shift register has a direct overriding clear (SRCLR) input, serial (SER) input, and serial outputs for cascading. When the output-enable (OE) input is high, the outputs are in the high-impedance state.
Both the shift register clock (SRCLK) and storage register clock (RCLK) are positive-edge triggered. If both clocks are connected together, the shift register always is one clock pulse ahead of the storage register.
- 8-Bit Serial-In, Parallel-Out Shift
- Wide Operating Voltage Range of 2 V to 6 V
- High-Current 3-State Outputs Can Drive Up To 15 LSTTL Loads
- Low Power Consumption: 80-µA (Max) ICC
- tpd = 13 ns (Typ)
- ±6-mA Output Drive at 5 V
- Low Input Current: 1 µA (Max)
- Shift Register Has Direct Clear