4017 Decade Counter/Divider
The HCF4017B is a monolithic integrated circuit fabricated in Metal Oxide Semiconductor technology available in DIP and SOP packages.
The HCF4017B is 5-stage Johnson counter having 10 decoded outputs. Inputs include a CLOCK, a RESET, and a CLOCK INHIBIT signal. Schmitt trigger action in the clock input circuit provides pulse shaping that allows unlimited clock input pulse rise and fall times. This counter is advanced one count at the positive clock signal transition if the CLOCK INHIBIT signal is low. Counter advanced via the clock line is inhibited when the CLOCK INHIBIT signal is high. A high RESET signal clears the counter to its zero count. Use of the Johnson decade-counter configuration permits high speed operation, 2-input decimal decode gating and spike-free decoded outputs. Anti-lock gating is provided, thus assuring proper counting sequence. The decoded outputs are normally low and go high only at their respective decoded time slot. Each decoded output remains high for one full clock cycle. A CARRY - OUT signal completes one cycle every 10 clock input cycles and is used to ripple-clock the succeeding device in a multi-device counting chain.
- MEDIUM SPEED OPERATION : 10 MHz (Typ.) at VDD= 10V
- FULLY STATIC OPERATION
- STANDARDIZED SYMMETRICAL OUTPUT CHARACTERISTICS
- QUIESCENT CURRENT SPECIFIED UP TO 20V
- 5V, 10V AND 15V PARAMETRIC RATINGS
- INPUT LEAKAGE CURRENT II= 100nA (MAX) AT VDD= 18V TA= 25°C
- 100% TESTED FOR QUIESCENT CURRENT
- MEETS ALL REQUIREMENTS OF JEDEC JESD13B " STANDARD SPECIFICATIONS FOR DESCRIPTION OF B SERIES CMOS DEVICES